Annual General Meeting of the APPG on Frozen British Pensions 2021
May 19, 2021 Frozen British Pensions 0 Comments
On 19th May 2021, the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Frozen British Pensions met to convene the group for the reporting year 2021-22.
The group discussed key developments on the campaign to end ‘frozen’ pensions for 500,000 UK pensioners overseas in the last year, including: the results and report of the APPG’s inquiry into the issue; the Canadian Government’s formal request to negotiate a reciprocal uprating agreement with the UK; the meeting held with Canadian parliamentarians and the UK Government’s rejection of this agreement.
The meeting was joined by two Canadian parliamentarians, Matt Jeneroux MP and Paul Manly MP, alongside representatives from the Australian High Commission to the UK.
The meeting saw the re/election of the following Officers:
- Sir Roger Gale MP, Chair (Conservative)
- Lord German, Vice Chair (Liberal Democrat)
- Carol Monaghan MP, Vice Chair (SNP)
- Lord Randall of Uxbridge, Vice Chair (Conservative)
- Lord Foulkes of Cumnock, Vice Chair (Labour)